Indoor humidity level in Central Louisiana can tremendously drop in the winter season. This scenario can bring great damage to one’s health and property. Many homeowners find relief from this winter chaos by installing a whole-home humidifier and they never feel disappointed in such investment. Here are the top 8 benefits of a whole-home humidifier.
- Provides Additional Warmth. It feels warmer when there’s higher level of moisture. This can also be a helpful tip to keep low on your heating bill. With higher humidity, you don’t have to turn your thermostat too high to warm your home, thus saving you a dollar on your heating expense.
- Keeps Furniture Safe. If you want to preserve and save your wood furniture from cracking and splitting, be sure to add a whole home humidifier. Low moisture level can damage furniture, leaving them worn and tattered.
- Moisturizes Skin. Just like the case of your furniture, winter can also bring negative effects on your physical wellbeing such as leaving your skin dry and itchy and your lips chapped.
- Reduces Static Electricity. If moisture level drops, the chance of static electricity is high. This may sound like a funny scenario but it is an annoying winter circumstance. Adding moisture to your air can avoid such from taking place.
- Prevents Snoring. Snoring can be an indication of a low moisture level. This is due to the dryness in your soft palate and nasal passages. Keeping roper level of humidity can reduce snoring chances.
- Avoids Electronic Shock. Static electricity can bring permanent damage to your electronic devices. This can lead to major repairs and sometimes early replacement for your electronic units.
- Reduces Health Risks. Humidified air can help clean out bacteria and viruses from your nose to reduce the chance of getting flu or colds. It can also prevent irritation from your nasal passages and bronchial tubes. In short, humidifiers can help you breathe easy for the entire winter season.
- Keeps Plants Safe. Plants are great help in improving indoor air quality however; too low humidity isn’t much of a benefit for them to live. That’s why, adding humidity can truly make a difference not just to your health but also to theirs.
If you’re in for a whole-home humidifier installation and other related services for your HVAC system, feel free to call the professionals at Micheal’s Cooling and Heating.